Gas leakage explosion at Four Point causes injuries to 3 people, damages to property


A gas cylinder explosion at four points by Sheraton Hotel, Oniru in Victoria Island, Lagos on Wednesday 4 December at about 12:30 pm in the afternoon, three people sustained injuries during the explosion and several cars parked at the premises were damaged.

The cause of the gas explosion was as a result of gas hoses leakage brought by the crafters doing some welding job at the hotel premises which triggered the explosion, several automobiles, room windows and other valuable items were destroyed.

The Nigeria police and Lagos State Emergency Management Agency (LASEMA) Response Unit (LRU), hurried to the scene to ensure the safety of both lives and property in the hotel, three people that sustained injuries as a result of the explosion, two people were rushed to the Lagos State General Hospital for treatment by LASEMA Ambulance Unit while the other person was rushed to a nearby private hospital.

However, several vehicles and hotel room window were damaged as a result of moving an object around and fire outspread.

Dr Femi Osayintolu, Director-General Lagos State Emergency Management Agency (LASEMA) said: “The situation is under control as a combined effort of the LASEMA Response Unit (LRU), Nigeria police alongside the staff of the hotel are on the ground to ensure a quick recovery”.



Express info news is an online newspaper and magazine forum where you get the latest and breaking news on entertainment, sport, celebrity gist, technology, world news, travel and lifestyle, food and nutrition, business e.t.c

One thought on “Gas leakage explosion at Four Point causes injuries to 3 people, damages to property

  • Avatar
    December 25, 2019 at 7:09 pm

    A person essentially help to make seriously articles I would state. This is the very first time I frequented your web page and thus far? I surprised with the research you made to create this particular publish incredible. Fantastic job!


Leave a Reply

Pin It on Pinterest